H2O- CHEERS TO GOOD HEALTH!!!
Roughly 60-70% of human body is made of water, without it we wouldn’t be able to survive for more than a few days… It’s the most natural beverage we could have, it’s very cheap and it gives us a LIFE!
WATER BUILDS OUR BODY
What are health benefits of drinking water?
1. Water helps to maintain body’s fluid balance. Is essential for the proper circulation of nutrients, helps to regulate body temperature and to digest food.
2. Water is the most natural liquid we could have. There is no added sugar, no calories, fat free!! Due to that it helps us to control food and calorie intake during the day, especially by drinking it before the meals.
3. It helps us to flush out the toxins mostly through sweat and urination.
4. Relieves joint pain and stiffness by keeping the cartilage hydrated and lubricated.
5. It’s a natural headache remedy– some of the headaches may be caused by dehydration.
6. Helps to keep your skin healthy, soft, smooth, fresh and good looking. Remember that dehydration makes you look older- your skin becomes drier and more wrinkled.
7. Water can save our money!! It’s much cheaper than sugary fizzy drinks or fatty latte!
How to drink more water?
1. Drink water with every snack and meal. The best option is to have glass of water 30 min before eating, it will fill up your tummy and reduce food intake.
2. Always have a bottle of water with you– keep it in your bag, in the car, at the office and at home.
3. Eat more watery fruits and raw vegetables they contain high amount of water. Remember that roughly 20% of our fluid intake comes from food!!!
4. If you get bored with the taste of water you can add some lemon or lime, orange slice, cucumber or even mint! Whatever tastes nice and help you to drink more.